Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm back

So I know it's been awhile since my last blog--you know me I tend to procrastinate like that--so I thought what the heck I better blog so why not tonight...so here we go!

So many of  read March's budget summary and we failed to stay in our budget. I don't want to repeat everything Tim said, but I think it's important to voice my feelings on it as well--and it may be repetitive--but hey I feel like it's worth repeating! 

So my first reaction was one of disappointment and irritation. We tried so hard to stay on track--yes we went to a wedding--but still that's not a big deal--we still could have stayed in budget. Then I looked at where we went over and it was gas and miscellaneous items(and a side note is that miscellaneous was over because we stopped to eat a few times on our trip.) So what's my point you may be asking--I mean after all we did go over.....

Here is my point, as Tim said, it's the spirit of our project that is important. I'm not saying we aren't going to try like hell to stay as close as possible to our budget--but here is the thing I'm not going to drive myself crazy and not go to a friend's wedding, not buy a b-day present for a friend, etc because I'm stressing about our budget. My point is this we have given up a lot--we moved from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom--I can't remember the last time I bought clothes, etc...so to me it's more important to give up as much as possible--but it's also important to still live and not end up hating ourselves because we went over budget!  But as I said before we are still going to try our hardest to try to stay on budget and give up as much as possible! 

Until next time.....as always.....peace be with you!

~Alicia~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment