Warning: Yup we are back to warnings because trust me y'all need to be warned before you read this blog....so here it is--I may use some strongly worded language--I will try my best not to--but I make no guarantees that I won't! So if you are offended by strongly worded language you may want to skip this blog--I won't be offended.
Warning 2: Yeah there needs to be two warnings--this may be a little long and I may start to ramble--you know me I tend to ramble when I am passionate about something!! OK so here we go!
The month of March is almost over and to be honest I can't wait for the beginning of April to start. Why am I so excited about April starting you may be asking....well because looking at our grocery budget we have a little over $40 that has to last the rest of this month and Easter is coming. So there is eight days left which means we can spend about $5 a day roughly--which will be stretching it with Easter coming. So I started to have another little mini breakdown because I am pretty sure what we are making for Easter will be a little bit more than $5--so what the hell do we do now is what I started to think to myself--how in the F did this happen? I was a little pissed at myself for letting it happen.
So to answer the question how did this happen--it happened for several reasons. The first reason is we didn't make a menu for this month and therefore there would be nights that we would run over to the grocery store and buy something for dinner--which at the time didn't seem like a big deal--but all those little trips to the grocery store add up.
Another reason for this happening is I didn't do my math when I was getting my groceries. I mean granted math has never been my strength but usually I take a calculator so I know about how much I spent--but I didn't do that this month because I thought it's only $4--so that isn't that much--but again all those little shopping trips add up.
So needless to say I was a little frustrated and that got me to think, " Holy shit this is how people who live at the poverty line feel all the time!" Most people who live at the poverty line receive food stamps--but as I experienced -they have the tough decisions to make do you buy crap that is cheap or do you buy quality healthy food that adds up and you may find yourself running low at the end of the month. Tim and I have made the choice to live at the poverty line and feeling like you have nothing in the house to eat and funds are running low is extremely frustrating! So, I can't imagine how it feels for those families who have to make those decisions every month!! This is why Tim and I strongly believe in the mission of E3 Community Development . This is an organization that wants to help educate, empower, and energize leaders and communities to help those in need. This organization will truly make a difference for those in need--plus the people involved are very passionate about educating and truly helping those in need and their communities!!
In my opinion this is the part of the blog where I encourage you to get off your ass and do something to help those in need! If you can't donate money donate your time! You can also educate yourself about poverty and those living at the poverty line....but my point is this TAKE ACTION and DO SOMETHING!!!
OK so I didn't use too much strongly worded language did I?! I did warn you about that though! I did however, ramble on and on--but I can't help it--ask Tim!! As always.....
Peace be with you all,
~Alicia~
No comments:
Post a Comment